Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Haul-out and bottom paint

was on the top of my to-do list. I paid the boat yard to do the sanding and painting, never having done it (on a boat) myself. Seeing it done removed any mystique and I will not hesitate to do it myself in the future. While Twister was on the hard I took the opportunity to replace the sacrificial zinc anodes and propeller shaft stuffing. Here are some pics. A few other things I have recently crossed off the list include connecting a second solar panel, finishing installation of the marine SSB radio, replumbing the fresh-water line in the sink, and registering the boat with the US Coast Guard. 
Still to be done are fixing the electric and manual bilge pumps (important), wiring the new tiller pilot, replacing the running lights with LEDs, and, of course, provisioning. Tentative departure date (for the marquesas)--April 17.

1 comment:

  1. Lars-
    Don't feel like you missed out not doing the sanding and painting yourself! I have done it and wouldn't wish it on anyone. I am finally home too-in fact I just went out on Saturday with a friend of mine who has an old Cris Craft. Fun. Fun. It's still cold up here but spring is having a go at it anyways. I love the blog-will be fun to sail vicariously with you this spring. I will be here in Seattle tinkering with bots through July.
    Cheers-Suzanne

    ReplyDelete