Friday, July 27, 2012

On My Way To Punta Arenas

I hear it's lovely this time of year.  After I get there, I'll board the Nathanial B. Palmer (Here is a site that shows the current position of the Palmer so you can see our position as well as what kind of weather we're having). I'm excited to see what The Drake Passage (the bit of ocean between South American and The Antarctic Peninsula) will dish out in the middle of winter and stoked to be working on the US AMLR (Antarctic Marine Living Resources) program again. Here are some photos from the 2011 summer cruise.  I don't think I will have internet access on the ship, but I will have email:  lars.thoresen.guest@nbp.usap.gov (account won't be active until July 30-ish).
Currently sitting in Darwin Airport, waiting for the first flight which goes to Sydney. After an overnight layever, it's over to Auckland, Santiago, perhaps Puerto Mont, and finally Punta Arenas. 




No comments:

Post a Comment