Friday, August 16, 2013

To Corpach

Twister arrived Troon, Scotland the afternoon of Wednesday the 14th less than an hour after Bridget. After a night out with Bridgtet and me in Troon, Jo headed back to England. Yesterday was mostly dedicated to fixing the fuel pump on Twister's diesel engine. I was surprised and pleased to find that I could removed the pump without pulling out the engine. Once out, it was easy to replace the leaky diaphragm. I was also a little surprised that the engine ran without problems after I put the pump back on. 

Today it's Friday the 16th and Bridget and I will be departing Troon around 1600, with destination Corpach where the Caledonian Canal begins. It's about 170 miles, so we'll probably arrive Sunday morning. A gale warning has just been issued, so it could be a wet and bumpy ride. 

No comments:

Post a Comment