Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Westward to Vanuatu

Soko and I sailed up from Vuda Point to Lautoka today. This afternoon I will do some provisioning. Tomorrow morning I will check out with customs in Lautoka and set sail for Vanuatu, ca 500 nautical miles to the west. I plan to head for Tana Island which has the nearest port of entry. Will be the first time in a while I have sailed by myself. It will be good to start with a short-ish passage.
Last week, Gary and I had a great few days anchored off Namotu Island where we surfed Namotu Lefts (on the south side of Wilkes Pass), a short dinghy ride from our anchorage. The anchorage itself is somewhat exposed and rolly, but that's the price to pay to be close to good surf. The day after we dropped anchor at Namotu, our friends Kevin and Corie pulled up in Kevin's boat, "Shannon," so we had a good crew for the next several days' surfing.

No comments:

Post a Comment